Founded in 1966, the Ojai Valley Museum is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) organization. We collect and exhibit art, artifacts, photographs and paper ephemera relating to the history, art and culture of the Ojai Valley. We operate a museum, research library and a visitor center.
The museum moved into the former St. Thomas Aquinas Catholic Church in 1996. This is the museum's third location. The original church burned in 1917 and was rebuilt by architects Mead and Requa in the Mission Revival style. Edward Drummond Libbey considered the structure the "crowning achievement" of his beautification project in Ojai. The building, which is owned by the City of Ojai, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995.